Gå til innhold
- Acceptance – When we receive a completed reservation form, we will confirm your reservation request by return email with a detailed cost quote. It is the renter’s responsibility to inform us of any errors or omissions on the confirmation form upon receipt
- Rental Duration – Our rental system is based on calendar days. If you pick up your bike Monday at 09:00 and bring it back Tuesday at 14:00, that is a two-day rental. In order to be considered as a 1 day rental, bikes must be picked up and returned the same day (our opening hours can be found on our web page). If you want to pickup your bike or have your bike delivered outside opening hours, please add NOK 200 to your 1 day rental cost. Minimum online reservation during the month of July is 2 days
- Payment– We require immediate payment to reserve/book a bike. Payment is made online via a secured payment link with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
- Cancellation/Refunds -Should you need to cancel your booking, we require a 20% cancellation fee. A cancellation is refundable provided that a notice of cancellation is received 30 days prior to the start of the rental period. There is no refund of the partial payment for bookings made less than 30 days prior to the start of the rental period
- Delivery – We offer delivery/pickup at a cost of NOK 200 within the Stavanger region (Stavanger, Randaberg, Sola and Sandnes). For delivery/pick up outside the region, we can offer individually priced services. If you need delivery of your bike(s) we will require both a street address and phone number. This information should be supplied at least one week prior to delivery. To minimize the possibility of problems with the delivery and to ensure your bike(s) is delivered where and when you expect it, we strongly recommend that you mail/phone us one or two days before the delivery date to finalize and confirm the delivery time and location. If you will not be present when the bike is delivered and you have not made arrangements for its safe storage pending your arrival, we will return the bike to the depot and a second delivery charge will be levied. Please also ensure that if you will not be present when the bike is being picked up, that you have made arrangements for its safe storage. Please ensure that you have provided a contact number. In the event of any issues, our contact number is: +47 911 00 581 (Tore)
- Insurance/Liability – Renters are responsible for any damage to the bikes. A deposit of NOK 10.000 will be held on the renters credit card before the bike is handed out. Renters are liable for the full replacement cost should the bike be lost or stolen. Upon return of the bike the deposit will be returned in full. In the event of a damage to the bike or its loss, the corresponding amount will be withdrawn from the deposit. In the unfortunate event of a stolen bicycle, it is your responsibility to report this to the local police. Please provide a copy of the declaration given at the police station to us. Locking the bicycle: Locks are available upon request and we highly recommend their use. Never leave the bicycle unattended unless it is properly locked. Our service staff are happy to demonstrate proper use of the locks
- General – You acknowledge and agree that you understand the inherently dangerous nature of cycling and that you are qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition. You further acknowledge that you will be cycling on public roads and hazards are inherent in such situations. You further agree and represent that should you believe any conditions are unsafe for you, you will immediately discontinue such activity. You agree to wear a cycling helmet at all times. You fully understand that cycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability and death. These risks and dangers may be caused by your own actions or inactions, or of others and you fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs and damages that you may incur as a result of your participation in such cycling activity. You hereby release, discharge and covenant not to sue Norway Bike Rental (hereafter: NBE (Norway Bike Experience AS)), its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers and employees (collectively “Releasees”) from all liabilities, claims, demands, losses or damages caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. You further agree that if, despite this Release, you or anyone acting on your behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, you will indemnify, save and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any expenses, losses, liability, damage or cost which any may incur as a result of such claim. NBE makes no warranties related to fitness for purpose of its equipment, either express or implied. While we endeavor to provide well-maintained equipment, you acknowledge and agree that NBE shall not be responsible for losses, direct or indirect, that result from your use of NBE equipment, whether as a result of mechanical failure or any other cause. Minimum online rental reservation is 1 day . In July minimum rental duration is 2 days. One day, for the purpose of calculating rental rates, is any part of a calendar day, i.e hiring a bike from 14:00 until 14:00 the following day is considered as 2 days rental. We are proud of the cleanliness of the bikes we supply. Please make sure that it’s clean when it comes back.
- Repairs or Problems During Your Rental – We provide bikes that are in good working order however, notwithstanding our high standards of maintenance, occasional mechanical problems may occur. We will endeavour to assist you as quickly as possible. If you should have a problem, please contact us and describe the problem and we will assist you in finding one of the shops we work with so that they can repair the bike, subject to the usual exigencies of working hours, weekends and the like. Assuming you have secured our prior consent, you will be reimbursed the costs of repair when the bike is returned. All provisions of this paragraph remain subject to the GENERAL provisions of these terms and conditions. We will correct any problems that are not a result of accident or misuse without cost and get you back on the road as soon as possible. If repairs cannot be made quickly, we will strive to provide you with a replacement bike.